The newest SC-2 has two separate heating elements on the left and right sides of the firing chamber. The back of the chamber has no element. Extensive testing shows that the heat distribution in the current SC-2 is more even throughout the firing chamber because heat does not build up in the back of the kiln.
The SC-2, for a digital kiln, is surprisingly affordable and proudly made in the U.S.A. to exacting standards. It fires automatically at the rate and temperature you enter. A large, brightly lit display prompts for firing rate, temperature, and hold time. Use the hold feature to automatically soak any type of clay silver to its recommended time.
The fast-firing element is embedded in the firing chamber shell. Each SC-2 includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf.
- On/off toggle switch
- Built-in base; no extra stand needed
- The door opens 180 degrees for easy loading
- The case is slotted for air circulation.
- Electrical components in the base stay cool even at extended hold times.
- The embedded element heats from the two sides for improved heat distribution.
- Top vent complete with tapered plug for lost wax casting
- Includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf
- Optional SC-2 glass viewport
- Optional 6 1/2” wide bead door with mandrel holder
- Colorful 28-page kiln instruction manual (In addition, the kiln also comes with a separate controller manual.)